Plumbing Design For Civil Engineers Or Civil Engineering
Interested in improving your plumbing skills? The course is designed in such a way that anyone who has a craze for plumbing can learn it easily. Plumbers are responsible for installing a safe and efficient plumbing system, which helps to improve the sanitation process and reduces the spread of disease. A sound understanding of plumbing and how it works is very important to understand if it’s the right career path for you. Our programs include hands-on work with plumbing systems, combined with course material that covers plumbing codes, piping, venting and blueprint reading.
The course will cover the following:
- Safety, Legislation, Water Regulations, Bylaws, and Sources Of Information
- Underpinning Knowledge: Pressure, Flow, Temperature, Materials, Corrosion, and Plumbing Tools
- Practical Work on Tap, Valve, and Cistern Repairs
- Understanding Cold and Hot Water Systems
- Practical Work on Copper Pipe Bending, Soldering, and Use of Compression Fittings
- Practical Work on Compression Fittings, Plastic Pipe, and Push-Fit Fittings
- Practical Work on Waste Pipe and Fittings
- Understanding Heating Systems and Showers
Who should enroll for this course?
This classroom training is ideal for those looking to kick start their career in the plumbing industry. If you exhibit skills like reading drawings and figures to understand the layout of water supply, waste, and venting systems, plumbing is the best option for you. There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Anyone exhibiting interest in plumbing can join the course, regardless of any experience or skills. Of course, having the skills mentioned above might be helpful.
How will I benefit?
After completing the course the learner will be able to: